Quite a lot of experiencing and well-being, laughing and loving, but also movement 2.0. Still far from being an instant vacation destination, the mountains have lost their aloofness. The mountain railroads in the Kitzbüheler Alps are also open in summer, so steep climbs can be avoided. Those who don't want to hike or climb can stroll along the ridgelines fairly level. Countless huts are open and wait with sun terraces and local delicacies for relaxed and good-humored guests.
in the province of Salzburg
It's a little bit of everything that awaits you in Saalbach in the summer.
We are Saalbachers with body and soul. Having grown up in the region and with our family roots here in Pinzgau, we also know our way around. We know which hikes are beautiful - which huts are child-friendly - and which peaks are better to climb by e-bike instead of mountain bike - simply because we are also on the road here in our free time. So feel free to ask us if you want to know anything about the region or the surrounding area! We are happy to be there for you....
Summer in Saalbach Hinterglemm means pure mountain feeling. Because wherever you look, the infinite fitness center called nature is right on your doorstep. The mountain world with the gentle ridges of the Pinzgau Alps and the rugged peaks of the Kitzbühel Alps with heights between 1400 and 2000 meters offers more than 400 km of hiking trails. Here you can pause and enjoy the moment and leave everyday life far behind you
On the diverse hiking routes you will discover the unspoiled nature, breathe crystal clear mountain air and taste regional dishes such as Kaspressknödel and Kaiserschmarrn when you stop at the rustic mountain huts. On your bike you can explore the Kitzbüheler mountains on the well-developed network of trails, whether by mountain bike or e-bike, whether a challenging bike tour with several meters of altitude, an enjoyable panoramic round with the e-bike or a bike tour combined with an ascent on the mountain cable car.
Saalbach Hinterglemm in summer is also the perfect vacation destination for families with children: The summer mountain cable cars offer an extensive and contrasting program with adventure trails and riddles on the mountain, outdoor activities such as mini golf, a high ropes park or the Baumzipfelweg at the end of the valley, and much more. The focus is always on the shared family experience in the great outdoors. A real highlight is the mountain Kodok, where the children have to solve exciting riddles to defeat an evil goblin. Here everyone will find the perfect summer activities in Saalbach.
Other summer activities worth experiencing can be found at the traditional and well-known Salzburg Almsommer, at well-known excursion destinations such as the Krimml Waterfalls or at the two golf courses in the Zell am See-Kaprun region.
When Saalbach Hinterglemm slowly but surely stops winter operations, then it's time to prepare for an action-packed and varied summer season: With countless outdoor activities, bikers, hikers and families in particular get their money's worth. Here you can find out which things you should definitely try out in summer in Saalbach Hinterglemm.
- Get catapulted high in the Jump & Slide ParkThe world's first Jump & Slide Park is located in Hinterglemm. A jump tower, trampoline area, freestyle ramp and bouldering wall await you and your family here. An absolute must for small and big adrenaline junkies.
- The largest high rope park in EuropeAustria's largest high ropes park is located at the end of the valley in Hinterglemm, which has even grown into a high ropes landscape over the years. On a total of ten different routes, at around 200 different stations and over eight kilometers, there is definitely no climbing wish left unfulfilled.
- Ride the mountain cable cars to the peaks for freeIn Saalbach Hinterglemm all guests get the JOKER-CARD for free with their vacation. In addition to the free use of the mountain cable cars, which are also open in summer, the Joker Card offers many other free attractions.
- See Saalbach Hinterglemm from above while paraglidingParagliding in Saalbach Hinterglemm takes you to the top. Before tackling the lofty heights, the equipment is first laid out, the harness adjusted and off you go - until you literally lose the ground beneath your feet.
- Recharge your batteries in an alpine hutExercise definitely makes you hungry and thirsty. That's why there are more than enough alpine huts in Saalbach Hinterglemm - so that the culinary experience on the mountains is also high in the truest sense of the word. The many sun terraces are a welcome place for everyone - after an extensive hike or a challenging bike tour.
Vacation in Saalbach without a car
During your Salzburg summer vacation at Hotel DAS NEUHAUS in Saalbach Hinterglemm, you don't need a car: the hotel is only a few minutes' walk away from the SchattbergXpress and thus directly at the entrance to the unique hiking paradise. In Saalbach and the surrounding Salzburg region, there is actually nothing that is not possible: Here you will find hiking trails of all levels of difficulty, crystal-clear lakes for your swimming vacation, golf courses in the midst of Austria's most beautiful nature, biking routes for beginners and for the pros among us, as well as opportunities for teenagers, rafting, Nordic walking or even paragliding. There are definitely no limits to the summer activities in Saalbach.