Not only mountainous feelings of happiness, but also crystal clear mountain air, breathtaking landscapes with colorful alpine meadows, green or rocky peaks, hidden waterfalls and clear mountain lakes. Here in the Kitzbüheler mountains you will encounter the pristine nature and feel only one desire - to climb as high as possible. Because if you think that you can only vacation in Saalbach in winter and that everything revolves around the ski circus and après ski, you are sorely mistaken. During your summer vacation in Saalbach Hinterglemm you and your family will find a lot of activities, attractions and events.
in Saalbach Hinterglemm
Saalbach in the summer has much to offer.
Adventure and action enthusiasts, as well as those seeking relaxation, love our multi-faceted and adventurous vacation offer of the vacation region Saalbach Hinterglemm and its surroundings. With the Joker Card, which is included free of charge in every vacation booking at Hotel DAS NEUHAUS, there are free entries to many great vacation attractions and discounts at numerous other partners in the region.
Join us on a voyage of discovery on an endless 400 km of hiking trails. Experience natural spectacles in the most beautiful places in Pinzgau. A worldwide unique and breathtaking mountain bike trail network in all degrees of difficulty ensures the somewhat different mountain experience during your summer vacation in Saalbach.
If you want to feel and experience nature in all its tranquility on little-used paths, stop in one of the original huts, you will find very special kinds of wonderful trails here in our hiking area. Here you become one with nature and come to rest. During your summer vacation in Saalbach Hinterglemm we offer you countless summer activities. The offer is so diverse that you can fill a whole vacation week in Saalbach Hinterglemm - we look forward to you and your family!
Not only do numerous summit meetings with the bike take place here, but you are right in the middle of it instead of just being there in the MTB hotspot of Austria. Nestled in the Pinzgau mountains, Saalbach Hinterglemm has established itself in recent years as one of the leading biking regions in Austria. The region encompasses a breathtaking network of mountain bike trails of all levels of difficulty that is unique in the world. Around 40 rustic alpine and mountain huts also provide a perfect destination for a tour on an e-bike. Marked routes ensure a safe arrival.
Let the meters of altitude lose their terror and learn to enjoy riding uphill. This is definitely possible with an e-bike. The bike destination Saalbach Hinterglemm offers around 400 km of bike trails with a wide variety of tours for all interest groups. E-bikers and e-mountain bikers can look forward to over 40 huts and a wide network of charging stations for e-bikes. This way the battery won't run out, the fun can continue and the panorama of the Kitzbühel Alps and Leogang Steinberge can be thoroughly enjoyed on the numerous high-altitude trails.
The golf courses in the near vicinity ensure a varied golf vacation in the province of Salzburg. Embedded in the impressive mountain massifs of the Hohe Tauern, the two 18-hole courses "Schmittenhöhe" and "Kitzsteinhorn" of the Golfclub Zell am See-Kaprun-Saalbach form the largest golf area in Austria. The terrain of the golf courses Schmittenhöhe and Kitzsteinhorn inspires with its almost "English lawn". The high standard of the facilities, which belong to Austria's "Leading Golf Courses", includes first-class services and the highest level of comfort in the clubhouse. Playable from April to October.
We are happy to assist you in planning your tours and have plenty of tips and information for you:
- Best location - only a few meters away from the entrance to the hiking paradise
- Jokercard included = mountain cable cars included = bike transport 2x included
- Free guided tours, from family hikes to challenging mountain tours
- Rental of hiking poles & hiking backpacks
- Hiking maps & tour suggestions for mountain bikers
- Packed lunch service (for a fee)
- Free rental trekking bikes
- Washing place for a clean bike
- Video monitored & lockable room for mountain bikes
- 25% discount on the green fee at the beautiful alpine golf course in Zell am See
You are looking for the right vacation offer? As a couple or with children - or maybe even for a time-out just for me? Then experience an unforgettable summer vacation with many special features in the 4 star superior hotel DAS NEUHAUS directly in Saalbach. The perfect starting point for a relaxing vacation with friendly hosts, large wellness area, best culinary and and and.
We are Saalbachers with body and soul. Having grown up in the region and with our family roots here in Pinzgau, we also know our way around. We know which hikes are beautiful - which huts are child-friendly - and which peaks are better to climb by e-bike instead of mountain bike - simply because we are also on the road here in our free time. So feel free to ask us if you want to know anything about the region or the surrounding area! We are happy to be there for you.
Summer in Saalbach Hinterglemm means pure mountain feeling. Because wherever you look, the infinite fitness center called nature is right on your doorstep. The mountain world with the gentle ridges of the Pinzgau Alps and the rugged peaks of the Kitzbühel Alps with heights between 1400 and 2000 meters offers more than 400 km of hiking trails. Here you can pause and enjoy the moment and leave everyday life far behind you
On the diverse hiking routes you will discover the unspoiled nature, breathe crystal clear mountain air and taste regional dishes such as Kaspressknödel and Kaiserschmarrn when you stop at the rustic mountain huts. On your bike you can explore the Kitzbüheler mountains on the well-developed network of trails, whether by mountain bike or e-bike, whether a challenging bike tour with several meters of altitude, an enjoyable panoramic round with the e-bike or a bike tour combined with an ascent on the mountain cable car.
Saalbach Hinterglemm in summer is also the perfect vacation destination for families with children: The summer mountain cable cars offer an extensive and contrasting program with adventure trails and riddles on the mountain, outdoor activities such as mini golf, a high ropes park or the Baumzipfelweg at the end of the valley, and much more. The focus is always on the shared family experience in the great outdoors. A real highlight is the mountain Kodok, where the children have to solve exciting riddles to defeat an evil goblin. Here everyone will find the perfect summer activities in Saalbach.
Other summer activities worth experiencing can be found at the traditional and well-known Salzburg Almsommer, at well-known excursion destinations such as the Krimml Waterfalls or at the two golf courses in the Zell am See-Kaprun region.
When Saalbach Hinterglemm slowly but surely stops winter operations, then it's time to prepare for an action-packed and varied summer season: With countless outdoor activities, bikers, hikers and families in particular get their money's worth. Here you can find out which things you should definitely try out in summer in Saalbach Hinterglemm.
- Get catapulted high in the Jump & Slide ParkThe world's first Jump & Slide Park is located in Hinterglemm. A jump tower, trampoline area, freestyle ramp and bouldering wall await you and your family here. An absolute must for small and big adrenaline junkies.
- The largest high rope park in EuropeAustria's largest high ropes park is located at the end of the valley in Hinterglemm, which has even grown into a high ropes landscape over the years. On a total of ten different routes, at around 200 different stations and over eight kilometers, there is definitely no climbing wish left unfulfilled.
- Ride the mountain cable cars to the peaks for freeIn Saalbach Hinterglemm all guests get the JOKER-CARD for free with their vacation. In addition to the free use of the mountain cable cars, which are also open in summer, the Joker Card offers many other free attractions.
- See Saalbach Hinterglemm from above while paraglidingParagliding in Saalbach Hinterglemm takes you to the top. Before tackling the lofty heights, the equipment is first laid out, the harness adjusted and off you go - until you literally lose the ground beneath your feet.
- Recharge your batteries in an alpine hutExercise definitely makes you hungry and thirsty. That's why there are more than enough alpine huts in Saalbach Hinterglemm - so that the culinary experience on the mountains is also high in the truest sense of the word. The many sun terraces are a welcome place for everyone - after an extensive hike or a challenging bike tour.
Vacation in Saalbach without a car
During your Salzburg summer vacation at Hotel DAS NEUHAUS in Saalbach Hinterglemm, you don't need a car: the hotel is only a few minutes' walk away from the SchattbergXpress and thus directly at the entrance to the unique hiking paradise. In Saalbach and the surrounding Salzburg region, there is actually nothing that is not possible: Here you will find hiking trails of all levels of difficulty, crystal-clear lakes for your swimming vacation, golf courses in the midst of Austria's most beautiful nature, biking routes for beginners and for the pros among us, as well as opportunities for teenagers, rafting, Nordic walking or even paragliding. There are definitely no limits to the summer activities in Saalbach.